Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mad Hatter Hat tutorial


First of all I have to thank my husband for helping me with these.  He is always so good at assembly line productions.  I cut he assembles.  So if you have a lot of these to make I recommend getting some assistance.  All of the taping and cutting can get a little tedious after awhile. 


For this you will need
An assembled paper hat (found in my previous tutorial)
Sheet of Mad Hatter tags
Cardstock (enough to wrap around the hat, about 22" long and 2" wide). 
Scissors
Double stick tape (or glue dots)
I had a lot of hats to make so I used 12x12” cardstock and cut six, 2” strips for all of my hats.  This could be done with another size of cardstock as long as it wraps around the hat and is two inches wide.  


Step1



Step2
Then attach two strips together so you have one very long strip that will wrap all the way around the hat.  I used glue dots to attach them together but as always you can use double stick tape.  Then using double stick tape attach the strip to the hat. 


Step 3

Once the strip is attached take the Mad Hatter Tag and apply a small piece of tape to the bottom and tuck it into the decorative strip on the hat. And you’re done! 

First cut out your paper strips and Mad Hatter tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.