Thursday, July 18, 2013

How to change your Facebook Page Tab image



I'm a do it yourself kind of girl.  So when I saw Facebook pages with cute modified tabs I couldn't sleep until I figured out how to do it myself.  Thankfully it's pretty easy to do so I didn't really loose any sleep over it.  These simple change makes such a difference in the look and feel of your business page.  So let me show you how to do it. 



Before you begin make sure you have some replacement images that are 111x74 pixels in size.  If they are not this size they will not load to Facebook.  I designed my own in Adobe Illustrator but there are free ones floating around on the interwebs. 


On the business page you would like to edit look to the right of your tabs and you will see a little drop down menu.  When you select it all of your tabs will open up.  



When you hover over your tabs you will see a little edit button appear in the upper right corner




Select the edit button and a drop down menu will appear with these options.  From these select "Edit Settings".



Then this "Edit Etsy Theme Shop Settings" box will pop up where you can change the name of your tab or the image.  To change your image select "Change".

Then you will see this "Upload a Custom Image" window. 



 When you hover over the image you will see the edit button appear. Click on it.



This magic upload box will appear.  Make sure you image is 111x74 pixels or it will not load (believe me I tried).  I designed my "tab pretties" in Adobe Illustrator, but you can use any image editing program as long as the final image is the correct size.



Choose the file you would like to use.  It can be a JPG,GIF, or PNG file type.  




Once chosen the image will appear on the screen like this.  Yay!! You're gonna have pretty tabs!




Then just change the rest of your tabs to match.  I hope this helps you pretty up your business Facebook page and if you have any questions at all please ask.  




~Sunny~

Credit:  I found some very informative tutorials on how to do this on Cypressnorth.com and Allfacebook.com


8 comments:

  1. Awh, I guess only business pages can do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sunny!!!!! I'm gonna try and work on this over the weekend (right after I figure what logo I want to use - tee-hee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy it might take you longer than this weekend to get to that:). I'm still waffling back and forth with my logo.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! I had so many issues trying to do this because FB kept telling me the size was wrong even though it wasn't. In the end I followed your advice... I created my file in Adobe Illustrator as 111 x 74 pixels. Then I used "Save for Web" and saved it as a PNG file. Wonderful- thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goody. I'm so glad it worked. I should probably add a note to my post about that.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I had a lot of issues trying to make this happen because Facebook retained saying the size and style ended up being incorrect although it was not. Eventually We adopted your advice... I created my personal report throughout Adobe Adobe photoshop while 111 times Seventy four p. However utilised "Save pertaining to Web" along with rescued it a new PNG document. Wonderful- thanks again :)Gold For Runescape
    World of Warcraft Gold Billig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I was looking for - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.