Saturday, August 20, 2011

Luminary tealight bags



I saw these cute beautiful luminary bags in the store the other day and wanted them immediately.  I thought of all the ways I could use them at parties, Halloween, Thanksgiving and every night if I had to.  When I saw the price they weren't quite so beautiful.  As I looked at the cute little paper bags with shapes punched out of them I thought "How can they charge so much for this when I can make this at home."  Then the light bulb (or tealight) went off and I decided to give it a try.  


What you'll need
This is so simple that I'm almost ashamed to post a tutorial, but if I didn't think of it until now maybe someone else hasn't either.  So here it goes.

One small paper bag (you can even use a brown lunch bag)
scissors (decorative if you want it to look fancy)
paper punch in your chosen shape
a tealight candle


Step 1
First cut off the top 2 to 3 inches of the bag.  


Step2

Next punch along the side of the bag with your paper punch.  Leave the bag folded and the punch should go through all the layers of the bag.  Making it look like this. 


Then place your tealight inside the bag and light it.  
 



All done and soooo easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.