Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


   I had a wonderful morning with my kids cooking me breakfast and my husband driving all the way in from work on his break to bring me flowers.  It's truly wonderful to be so appreciated, but is that what being a mother is really about?  



   No it's about loving your kids even when you don't want to.  It's about taking care of them even when you don't feel like it and it's about being there for them unconditionally for the rest of your life.  I appreciate this one day a year we celebrate mothers but I also appreciate everyday that I have with my children.   Today is not about gifts or flowers or praise.  It's about spending time with your family and cherishing them.  


The morning started with my kids making me breakfast.  First you must understand that my husband had to work today so they wanted to cook totally unsupervised and wake up at 6am to surprise me in bed with a piping hot breakfast.  This would have been something short of a miracle with an 10, 8, 6 and 4 year old.  Not that I don't think they can do it but we have a gas stove and I would like my house to not burn down in the process.  So I convinced them to let me monitor them in the kitchen while they made breakfast.  It was wonderful.  I am sad that my husband had to work but I'm also happy that my kids took the opportunity to step up and still make this a very special day.  


Marcus making my favorite, eggs over easy, with sauted spinach.  



They even made enough for everyone so I wouldn't have to lift a finger.  

I've never seen so much butter on toast in my life.
Yes it takes three small children to make toast.  



I love the girls bed head sleepy look and I really love Myles batman pj's. Priceless.  


After breakfast we went for an extremely long stroll at the Wild park in Kaiserslautern.  




Nature, animals and kids you can't get much better than that.  This day couldn't get much better either.  I hope you had a wonderful family filled day too. 


Happy Mother's Day!
~Sunny~

1 comment:

  1. that's really sweet, I am so glad you had a blessed, happy day!!!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.