Thursday, March 21, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (flourless) Cookies


So I had a lot of ripe bananas sitting around and thanks to my friend Gina at Contemplating Beauty I had a craving for flourless peanut butter cookies. If you've never had flourless peanut butter cookies it's a must try.  They have an intense peanut butter flavor that is amazing.  I knew there was some way I could use up my bananas and make some peanut butter cookies at the same time.  So I found this recipe on Pinterest from Dinners for a year and beyond.  

It was very simple and delicious.  The cookies turned out a little softer than I wanted (even though my kids didn't seem to mind)  so I decided to try adding some oatmeal to the mix.  That's how I came up with these little beauties. 

Flourless Peanut butter Banana Oatmeal Chocolate chip Cookies
adapted from "Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies" by Amy Casey at Dinners for a year and beyond. 

Makes 2 dozen cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
1 cup packed (light or dark) brown sugar
1 very ripe banana
1 large egg

1 cup regular Old fashoined cooking Oatmeal or quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Mash bananas in a large bowl then add peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla and mix with a hand mixer on medium until combined.  Lastly add the oatmeal and chocolate chips and stir by hand until all mixed together.  

Using a large spoon or medium ice cream scoop drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.  Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cookie looks set and not too soft to the touch. Remove them from the oven and let sit until cooled enough to remove from the pan, about 5 minutes.  Then place the cookies on a wire rack to cool. 


*If you would like these to be truly gluten free use gluten free vanilla.  You can also make these without the oats with no other modifications to the recipe. Just omit the oatmeal. 





Enjoy!

~Sunny~

Credits: adapted from "Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies" by Amy Casey at Dinners for a year and beyond. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.