Friday, September 18, 2015

Nutella Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


My kids love chocolate chips in their banana bread and they also love Nutella.  I mean they would eat Nutella by the spoonful if I let them.  Which they sometimes do when I'm not looking. So my girls requested Nutella on top of their banana chocolate chip muffins I wasn't surprised.  
The responsible Mom in me wanted to say "No that's too much chocolate and too much sugar".  But the fun, adventurous, baker Mom that I am said "YES!".  I'm so glad I didn't listen to my responsible side because these are delicious. 



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3-4)
2 large eggs
1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
Nutella

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin pans. 

Mix the butter and sugar together.  Stir in eggs then add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well. Gently whisk together all the dry ingredients, flour, salt and soda, in a bowl and then add to the wet ingredients.  Stir together until just moistened and then add chocolate chips.  Using a large ice cream scoop fill the muffin tins 3/4 full then add a teaspoon of Nutella to the top of each unbaked muffin.  Swirl the nutella with a toothpick
or knife and bake the muffins for 17-20 minutes.  

Get your printable copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.